Friday, August 8, 2008

Family Fun at the Beach or Not







We took the kids to the beach today. We had a fun time flying kites and wading in the water.(We weren't so successful at building sandcastles.) Tray managed to get stung by a jellyfish. I took him to the lifeguard who confirmed that it did look like a jelly fish sting. She gave him meat tenderizer (looked like salt) and vinegar that he made a paste out of and rubbed it on the sting. Tray is such a trooper. He didn't cry that much which is what made me doubt rather or not it was a jellyfish. However, I did turn this experience into a learning opportunity. I had just told him to come with me closer to the shore and he wasn't exactly minding. I did mention to him on more than one occasion that had he been where I told him to be that wouldn't have happened.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

Ray, Lacy and family,

HELLO from your cousin Kim!! :) I just happened to be googling "Ruggles" and shock of all shocks I found your blog!! It's so nice to be able to see your pictures and catch up on what's going on with all of you. I'll have my dad give you guys my phone number and email address. I'd love to hear from you!!

Love,

Kim