Friday, June 6, 2008

We Survived Cub Scout Day Camp!!





This week has been so long to say the least. I have helped out at cub scout day camp this week. It was in Silsbee and I don't think that we made it on time one time this week.(no surprise) It was called operation day camp. They divided the boys up into platoons. Each platoon came up with their own camp flag and a jody(chant or song). I helped with a couple different platoons. The last couple of days at camp, I was able to help in Tray's platoon and I enjoyed being with him. We did have a fun time. Tray earned five belt loops and accomplished many achievements in the bear book. Everyday Tray got to swim, except Monday, but he got to play in a blow up water slide. Everyday they got to go to the rifle range. At the rifle range, they alternated shooting bb guns and bows and arrows. One day I tried to shoot a bb gun and I didn't do good at all. The girl that I helped hit the bulls eye every shot so she gave me her paper so I could bring it home to trick Ray. I don't know if he was all that impressed because he asked me how close was I. Everyday they did a craft. Tray made his own fishing pole and went fishing. They had Greg Bostwick,the weather man, come talk to them. One day the coast guard came and talked to them and even brought a boat that they got to climb on. Thank goodness this week is over! Did I mention that most of our time at camp was spent outside???

No comments: