Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I love Mother's Day! To me, Mother's Day is an all weekend long celebration. We went out to eat last night and the hostess said, "Are yall celebrating Mother's Day?" I said, "Yes, we are celebrating all weekend." I told Ray that I wanted a new bike for Mother's Day. I have a bike that I purchased from Walmart at an after Christmas sale for thirty or forty dollars. I definately got what I paid for. One of the pedals has came off during a ride down the neighborhood before, the brakes aren't that great and it isn't that comfortable. Ray took me to The Bicycle Sports in Beaumont to look around. I told the saleman that I was looking for something that I could sit up straight on aka granny bike, I wanted it to ride around the neighborhood with my kids, and for light exercise. He suggested a Townie. I was alittle overwhelmed with the price but once I rode it I was SOLD. Needless to say we walked out with me a bike and cart for Triston and Rylee and Ray a bike(early father's day present). I never thought that we would spent that much on bikes. The Ruggles Family just got themselves a new hobby. Today for Mother's Day, we went to visit Ray's family in Kirbyville and brought our bikes along for a nice ride. Can't wait to go riding again. We plan on going to Galveston soon for a stroll in our bikes along the sea wall. Give us a call if anyone has bikes and want to go with us!

1 comment:

kirhart said...

We got the same sticker shock when we bought ours for wedding presents to each other. We still ride them all the time when we go camping...ain't it fun!?!