Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Making the best out of evacuating


(Can you tell the sun was in my eyes? Maybe that's why Tiffany was wearing sunglasses. Duh...)
Gustav took us to my parent's house. We packed a weeks worth of clothes and made the four hour trip early Sunday morning. Ray called Monday morning and said that we could come back but that there were no stores opened. Not even Walmart. What? No Walmart! I purchased a new cooler and groceries before we left. So, we are back. The weather never got bad here. We never lost electricity. Thank goodness! Although we do have a generator thanks to Hurricane Rita. The kids were kinda disappointed that they didn't get to go swimming. It is back to real life Thursday when we all return to school. I still think that I should have decorated the hummer with "honk if you are an evacuee" or something like that. Monday, Tiffany and I went purse shopping before we left for home. I had to have something to show for this evacuation. We bought matching "giraffe purses." That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

1 comment:

j bell said...

I am glad I am not the only one who buys things to make herself feel better. LOL Cute Purse!! I am looking for a Zebra print. Our school mascot is the Zebras so I thought that would be fun.